On His Heels

Friday, September 02, 2005

Open to God

Over the past few days, I've been seeking God and trying to be open to Him regarding what I could do to help those who are hurting from Katrina. I desperately want to go there to comfort them, but with an 8 week old at home, I can't. So, how can I help?

As I was pondering that yesterday, Shawn Hardin came to me and said that if I would go to Cleveland to preach for him, he could go with Les to carry much needed supplies to those in Gulfport. Instantly, I knew that this was something I could do to help. But this was not what I meant when I prayed! I meant front-line stuff, being in the middle of everything.

This comes on the heels of my confession to our church family of my struggle with the sin of pride. I wrestled with God all day yesterday about this. He won, of course. I had to humble myself and serve in this way so that Shawn could help the people there. Christ continues to teach me about becoming a little child.

May you be open to God's call!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home