On His Heels

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I had a few minutes while waiting on my cup of Starbucks to finish brewing in the coffee maker. Oh yes! I love coffee and I love Starbucks. I've gotten to where I can't (won't) drink the other stuff.

It feels weird this morning. I took off most of the day yesterday (I had to go in a finish financial statements for February. You wouldn't believe how fun that is(that's sarcasm)). All day yesterday, Kristy and I were thinking it was Saturday. Since I've worked at the college, I haven't had a lot of Saturdays. We've missed that. Having free Saturdays is good for us and we need to do it more. Growing up, we always cleaned the house and yard in the morning and just relaxed the rest of the day. That's what we do now when we have the chance.

We're having Keith and Carlee Denton over tonight. I think I'll grill some steaks and shrimp. It'll be fun. They're planning to move back here. We are all excited!

5 Comments:

  • I fail to comprehend how you can love doffee and love starbucks. Here in the uk they sell coloured water which is not even a close relative of coffee.

    By Blogger Arthur Spanner, at 7:20 AM  

  • Supper sounds good! The sabbath was made for man. Plan those restful days ... they remind us that the world can make it without us. Listen to me ... one day I'm going to take my own advice!

    By Blogger JD, at 9:18 PM  

  • this is one long cup of coffee.

    By Blogger JD, at 9:17 PM  

  • Big Al, I enjoyed your read. Now I have a way of checking in with you!

    I am new to the blogsphere too. Say hello to your sweet family for me.

    By Blogger Danny, at 8:27 AM  

  • Hi!

    By Blogger JD, at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home